Goose fair – home to cheap thrills – hot donuts and mushy peas & chips with mint sauce
So it really has taken me this long to write a blog post – SOZ ABOUT IT!
A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks:
– I turned 27
– I met long lost family in London
– I was shown around London by my amazing newly found family members (thanks John and Joan)
– I moved to Nottingham
– I was scared by the university “fresher” culture in Nottingham
– I sussed out some of the copious drinking establishments in Nottingham
– I got bronchitis because of getting a little too excited about said drinking establishments
– I found a wonderful Victorian terrace house in the suburb of Mapperly
– I have an attic bedroom with a skylight in said house
– I started classes and realised that I had already covered what they were teaching
– I changed courses to Fashion Knitwear
– I love fashion knitwear
– I went to the GOOSE FAIR (see below)
– I saw my bestest friend in the whole world and we went to Dublin together (love you Fran)
– I stayed with the most wonderful Irish lass in the whole world (thanks Sheila)
– I went to Birmingham on a day trip
– I bought a lot of things in Birmingham
– I have missed my beloved friends and family (and little grey fur baby)
– I am currently working through an addiction to Friday Night Lights (watch at your own risk)
Tomorrow I am venturing to London on a day trip – Yay – Unfortunately purchasing cheap tickets requires me to get up at 4:30AM – Boo –
I am going to the Knitting and Stitching Show and also (all going according to plan) going to hit up the V&A FINALLY – that’s right folks, my lifelong dream of seeing the V&A collection is soon to be a reality!!
I will try really hard to blog sooner – probs to let you know what Trent university life is like and also to rub in your faces how awesome the V&A was!!
Bobbies on the beat – seriously they look exactly like on The Bill!!
Throw a dart win a large stuffed wild feline
Guinness related art – everything seems to come back to drinking in Ireland and I am definitely OK with that!
Guinness at the Guinness factory – lets just say it is an acquired taste we are yet to acquire!
An ivy covered facade in Dublin – such a quaint and beautiful city despite all the turmoil it has seen over the years!